Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Hello Maeve, (waving) glad you were bold enough to join us here on the sofa!

My closest encounter at a convention was the one put on by best friend years ago. She organized and ran the first--and best--"Earth 2" convention in New Mexico, where the series was filmed. I was a casual fan of the show, but came along to help out (ran the ticket booth, the dealer's table, etc...) My perk was that during the dinner with the stars, I got to sit with Clancy Brown and his wife and talk to them! We also ran about the hotel with Jessica Stein who showed us her personal home videos from the show.
word count: 116
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Hi Maeve *waves*, glad you came to join us, although how big is this sofa?? lmao ;)

Kimber you should definitely try to watch Chance it's a really good movie, even just to see James Marsters walking around in a dress and putting lipstick on lmao.

OMG Anya is my ALL TIME favourite Buffy character, I loved her so much and completely blubbed my eyes up when she died *heads desk* even though I knew that it was going to happen for months (damn my Mother and her spoiler-whoring ways lol). I also loved Willow/Tara, but I’m curious as to how you coped when Willow was forced to pick between her and Oz?. As for Buffy-ships, yep i was part of the Buffy/Angel band wagon but then in later seasons I was all about Anya/Spike lol canon be damned :D , also Kimber what did you think of the Willow/Kennedy ship?? :shock:

As for my Mom's (I keep going to write Twistie lol) dinner with James yes she went, hell I’d have dragged her there myself if she even thought about skipping it (especially as I was originally sitting in the seat that got picked out and only moved so I could take better pictures for her....yes I was completely and utterly gutted). Anyway, what it was, in May, we went to this event called Spring Fever and well at the end, they picked out eight people to have lunch with James and she was one of the lucky ones. They went to an Italian restaurant and talked about pretty much everything and anything, Buffy/Angel/Serenity/Shakespeare/Him. It lasted for almost two hours and when she got back I couldn’t wipe the smile off her face, I was SO jealous (even if had I have gone, I'd have probably spent most of the time speechless and grinning like a fool)
word count: 321
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

willowwood wrote:Kimber you should definitely try to watch Chance it's a really good movie, even just to see James Marsters walking around in a dress and putting lipstick on lmao.

OMG Anya is my ALL TIME favourite Buffy character, I loved her so much and completely blubbed my eyes up when she died *heads desk* even though I knew that it was going to happen for months (damn my Mother and her spoiler-whoring ways lol). I also loved Willow/Tara, but I’m curious as to how you coped when Willow was forced to pick between her and Oz?. As for Buffy-ships, yep i was part of the Buffy/Angel band wagon but then in later seasons I was all about Anya/Spike lol canon be damned :D , also Kimber what did you think of the Willow/Kennedy ship?? :shock:

As for my Mom's (I keep going to write Twistie lol) dinner with James yes she went, hell I’d have dragged her there myself if she even thought about skipping it (especially as I was originally sitting in the seat that got picked out and only moved so I could take better pictures for her....yes I was completely and utterly gutted). Anyway, what it was, in May, we went to this event called Spring Fever and well at the end, they picked out eight people to have lunch with James and she was one of the lucky ones. They went to an Italian restaurant and talked about pretty much everything and anything, Buffy/Angel/Serenity/Shakespeare/Him. It lasted for almost two hours and when she got back I couldn’t wipe the smile off her face, I was SO jealous (even if had I have gone, I'd have probably spent most of the time speechless and grinning like a fool)
Is Chance out on DVD anywhere? Or is this something I'd have to buy online? I haven't really checked stores, because I assumed it was more of an independent/film festival type film. But I'll totally look for it now that you've taunted me with James in a dress! LOL.

Oh, Anya. I wasn't into spoiler-whoring when Buffy was on, so everything came as a surprise to me. Tara's death (this was where *I* cried my eyes out, and still do when I watch that eppie), Buffy's (many) deaths, and then yes - Anya's death. I was so so SO mad at that. SO mad! She was honestly my favourite character, too, so when they went and killed her ... grrr indeed.

Tee hee ... Anya/Spike, eh? No, no ... that worked for me. I didn't lilke Buffy/Spike one bit, unfortunately. Funny, I started out as a Willow/Xander shipper (even had myself a crudely made webpage), and then it was all Oz/Willow. Then Tara/Willow. EVen after Tara died, I was still die-hard Tara/Willow. When Oz came back ... err ... I should have been more confused, but I was totally into the Tara/Willow love at t hat point, and figured "hey, Oz, you missed your chance, buddy." Willow/Kennedy - I must not have been paying attention, or caring, because for the life of me, I can't recall this! Did it actually happen, ,or was it a fanfic ship?

Oh, and your mom's dinner with James sounds AMAZING! She is entirely too lucky! :)
word count: 573

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

KimberHodgela wrote:
Oh, Anya. I wasn't into spoiler-whoring when Buffy was on, so everything came as a surprise to me. Tara's death (this was where *I* cried my eyes out, and still do when I watch that eppie), Buffy's (many) deaths, and then yes - Anya's death. I was so so SO mad at that. SO mad! She was honestly my favourite character, too, so when they went and killed her ... grrr indeed.
I was never gone on Anya as a character; I didn't warm to her personality. But she was fantastically well acted and they did some amazing things with her (the singing! Aud! The troll! Spike! The speech in 'The Body'!). The thing which annoyed me about Anya's death was that for such a significant character, it was so rapidly passed over. Xander didn't get proper time to mourn - it almost didn't seem important. I didn't like that one bit.
KimberHodgela wrote:Tee hee ... Anya/Spike, eh? No, no ... that worked for me. I didn't lilke Buffy/Spike one bit, unfortunately. Funny, I started out as a Willow/Xander shipper (even had myself a crudely made webpage), and then it was all Oz/Willow. Then Tara/Willow. EVen after Tara died, I was still die-hard Tara/Willow. When Oz came back ... err ... I should have been more confused, but I was totally into the Tara/Willow love at that point, and figured "hey, Oz, you missed your chance, buddy." Willow/Kennedy - I must not have been paying attention, or caring, because for the life of me, I can't recall this! Did it actually happen, or was it a fanfic ship?
You were basically all about Willow, weren't you? Yes, Kennedy happened. I think they needed Willow to have a partner and just wanted to go for the complete opposite to Tara. Plot device again (like Mystery Husband, to take this thread back to TJ) resulting in some rather OOC moments. *shakes head irritatedly*
word count: 338

blue_eyes
Fan

Post by blue_eyes »

ThyneAlone wrote:
blue_eyes wrote:Hi guys
My names maeve . i'm 25 and i'm from ireland (mitchelstown to be exact but i live in cork city) i work in insurance and must i only really became a fan of bones when season 2 started although i'd seen a few eppy of season one. my sister and my mother got me into the show. i am also i big csi las vegas and miami fan (i even have david caruso autograph). i also am addicted to shoes and handbags. i'm a qualified veterinary nurse as well. i have six sisters (no brothers) and two nephews i totally adore. :D :D :D i'm also a twin
Hi Maeve,
so glad to know you better. You are clearly a woman of many talents! Do you get on well with all your sisters (twins are supposed to have a special bond, aren't they?)? I ask because my family was always, and to some extent is even now, a perpetual boxing arena - and all I have is a sister and 2 brothers, admittedly frighteningly close in age; we were all produced in under 4 years, which isn't recommended as a cure for stress.
I have to tell you I'm not too bothered about my shoes, but put me near a handbag and you'll be hard pressed to haul me away until I've bought it and consigned it to its ritual area under the bed.
wow another person who loves bags as much as i do. i wouldn't say i have many talents but ido know a bit about animals and computers. i get well with all of my sisters but i would be closested to my younger sister and yes there were many fights in our house growing up.
word count: 302
"COCENTRATE ON WHAT CANNOT LIE. THE EVIDENCE" GIL GRISSOM

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:
KimberHodgela wrote: I was never gone on Anya as a character; I didn't warm to her personality. But she was fantastically well acted and they did some amazing things with her (the singing! Aud! The troll! Spike! The speech in 'The Body'!). The thing which annoyed me about Anya's death was that for such a significant character, it was so rapidly passed over. Xander didn't get proper time to mourn - it almost didn't seem important. I didn't like that one bit.
Yeah, I think Anya took a lot of getting used to, and even then ... some people just didn't like her at all. I, on the other hand, laughed at everything out of her mouth - and think that half of the greatest lines of the show were spoken by her. Oh, and her fear of bunnies? HILARIOUS! Oh, yes. Emma Caulfield is one talented lady! Also, agree about the death - what I can remember of the episode, that is! I only saw it once, when it ran originally, and was so distraught that I've never watched it since. But I do remember it being like "okay, someone's going to die. Oh, Anya died. Let's move on". That was it. So, so sad!
ThyneAlone wrote:You were basically all about Willow, weren't you? Yes, Kennedy happened. I think they needed Willow to have a partner and just wanted to go for the complete opposite to Tara. Plot device again (like Mystery Husband, to take this thread back to TJ) resulting in some rather OOC moments. *shakes head irritatedly*
Yep, you called it there! I was all about Willow. Before Anya, she was my favourite character. Then, like you said, some really OOC things started happening, and ... eh.
word count: 298

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

Helllooooooo everyone! I feel like I'm so behind, I'll never catch up, so forgive me for not being a better poster... :oops:

If there isn't any room for me on the sofa, I can snuggle over here on the big round fuzzy chair. I have a tendency to get excited and spill things I'm drinking, so I apologize for burning anyone with coffee or ruining anyone's outfits with merlot...

I just turned 30 this year I live in York, PA, in the US. I have a bachelor's in English Literature and a Masters in English, and two days ago I gave my resignation at my job to become a substitute teacher. I'll still be at this job for a few weeks though. I'm basically quitting and hoping it all works out for the best. Keep your fingers crossed for me (and for all you teachers out there--send me tips!).

As I mentioned on other threads (sorry for repeating), I have four cats - two siamese, Charla a seal point and M'Ling a blue point, and two 'normals,' Roxie and Murphy. Charla and M'Ling are sister and brother, Rox and Murph are sisters. I also have my pet skunk, Bou, who is my second one (my poor little Puck crossing the Rainbow Bridge at much too young an age).

I love reading anything I can get my hands on. If I tried typing in all I’m currently reading (I read a couple things at a time), I’d take up too much space, and I already have, so I’ll just say I will read anything, and have a strong like for serial killer material (both nonfiction and fiction). Kind of freaks my friends out, but since I hate the sight of blood, they don't worry too much. I like the forensic/profiler/FBI writers out there - Patricia Cornwell (although as she goes on her stuff goes downhill), Jefferson Bass, Lisa Gardner, Alex Kava, Stephen White, etc, etc. But I also love the literary ones...Alexandre Dumas, Franz Kafka, Ian McEwan, Muriel Spark...well, I could go on forever if I had the time.

I love movies, foreign and domestic. And I love the snotty, high brow ones down to the crappy slapstick. On TV, I must see (in no particular order) Bones, House, Law & Order SVU, Hell’s Kitchen, The Biggest Loser, CSI, The Real Deal, The Two Coreys, Cold Case Files and anything on serial killers.

I love writing, but don’t do enough of it. I’m told I’m good, and I like what I write, but I’m never sure if I’m good enough. I’m kind of an oddball myself, I don’t meet people well, but I’m fiercely loyal to my friends. That extends to my online friends, who I sometimes seem closer to than my real friends. I also love watching ice hockey and (America) football, although I can watch soccer and golf once in a while. I hate baseball.

I have a MySpace page under “Saburcat” that I rarely check, but there are some pics of my animals (and extended-animal family) on there. I might be taking it private soon, since I’ll be teaching and although I try to keep the naughty stuff off, you never know what someone might think. But I also think going private is kind of a cop out, I mean, why be on there if I’m only going to let people I already know see me?

OK, I’ve gone on long enough (and, it’s 5 o’clock and time to leave work).

Hopefully I can catch up on some stuff, but if I can’t, I’ll just check out the photo gallery again. :)

Weez
word count: 636
Imagination is more important than knowledge ~Einstein
But without knowledge, what kind of imagination will you have? ~me

blue_eyes
Fan

Post by blue_eyes »

Hi saburcat
welcome to the sofa.
word count: 6
"COCENTRATE ON WHAT CANNOT LIE. THE EVIDENCE" GIL GRISSOM

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hi Saburcat! Or should we call you Weez? There's always room on the sofa for another TJ fan! (In my brain, I'm thinking we're sitting on The Big Comfy Couch. Anyone familiar with that program? Wait, I think it might be a Canadian made kids show...). But yes, we can always make more room (and we'll be on the lookout for your flying coffee or merlot!).

Another teacher, eh? That's neat. I think it's been mentioned before, but ... how strange is that? Lots of teachers seem to be TJ fans, I guess! What are the odds? Much luck with your new job! I'm sure it will work out for you, as it sounds like it's something you really, really want! Since I was a preschool teacher, I'm not sure I can give you many pointers. What age/subjects will you be teaching? Or do you just take whatever comes your way? Do you have aspirations to get a teaching degree and teach a steady grade?

With the serial killer interest, I don't think you're weird or crazy! I was reading serial killer books (Ann Rule, at first) when I was a pre-teen, and people thought I was odd! I'll never forget the time, when I was about 13, that I was reading a book on kids who had killed their parents, and my parents saw the book. I think they were being awfully kind to me that week! But I love your list of authors. Seems like you read a look of different, and awesome books. I love Alex Kava, and her Maggie O'Dell books Very, very interesting stuff. Have you ever read Karin Slaughter? Or Tess Gerritsen? Also both good series writers.

I'm on MySpace too (along with LJ and FaceBook), but LJ is my true passion. MySpace I simply signed up for to friend TJ, coincidentally! But now I have quite a few celeb "friends" there. I will look you up in a sec, and see your furry family! I'm never entirely sure what my "name" is on MySpace. I go by "Dorky Vegan", but the page is found under "IHeartHodgela", so I guess I'm both!

Yep, that gallery is really something, isn't it? :) And a great way to spend time, when you haven't got much.
word count: 397

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Will come in to post proper replies to all this later, BUT - news for all - son no1 has 3 Bs at A level and is therefore in at Leeds University to do French! Woo-hoo! So pleased and proud!!!! :D :D :D
word count: 39

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

ThyneAlone wrote:Will come in to post proper replies to all this later, BUT - news for all - son no1 has 3 Bs at A level and is therefore in at Leeds University to do French! Woo-hoo! So pleased and proud!!!! :D :D :D
Congrats, Steph!

(posting at a little after 6 am as I am off to first day back in the trenches--enjoy the rest of your holiday!)
word count: 67

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

KimberHodgela wrote: What age/subjects will you be teaching? Or do you just take whatever comes your way? Do you have aspirations to get a teaching degree and teach a steady grade?

Have you ever read Karin Slaughter? Or Tess Gerritsen? Also both good series writers.
I plan on doing 7-12 grade English/literature/language arts (whatever they call it now). I'm working on my certification now (you have to be certified in PA to teach, not just a BA as in some places.) And you can use Weez or Saburcat, whichever you prefer.

I've heard of both Slaughter and Gerritsen and I think I have some of their stuff, but haven't read anything yet. I have a friend who works for Book of the Month Club and she gets me tons of books for 50 cents a piece, so I have a lot of books I haven't read yet.
ThyneAlone wrote: Will come in to post proper replies to all this later, BUT - news for all - son no1 has 3 Bs at A level and is therefore in at Leeds University to do French! Woo-hoo! So pleased and proud!!!!
CONGRATS! Of course, I have no idea what that means (the 3 Bs at A level) but I do know it has something to do with school and tests, thanks to Harry Potter. Would "A level" be comparable to "NEWTS"?

Weez
word count: 237

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Weez - Absolutely. Thanks to Harry for helping people out with this.
At 16 we take our first proper public exams. When I took them they were called 'O'(ordinary) levels (so OWLs, yes). We usually take them in 8-10 subjects. They are now called GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education).
From 16-18 one may take 'A'(Advanced') level exams in 3-5 subjects. You have to pass A levels or their equivalents to get into uni. Therefore they certainly are NEWTs. Some people do half an A level (AS = Advanced Supplementary) in one year, then drop the subject for the final year. Either way, it's a fairly intense syllabus, not broad-based like the International Baccalaureate. Our David has just got B grades (= 70%-80%) in French, German and Geography, which is pretty darn good. *swells with pride*. PLENTY of sofa room btw but if you prefer to perch over there on the cushions, feel free. You can't spill stuff here cos the merlot is virtual. And delicious.

What's 7-12 grade?

Thanks for your good wishes, Rebecca!
word count: 183

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

ThyneAlone wrote:Weez - Absolutely. Thanks to Harry for helping people out with this.
At 16 we take our first proper public exams. When I took them they were called 'O'(ordinary) levels (so OWLs, yes). We usually take them in 8-10 subjects. They are now called GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education).
From 16-18 one may take 'A'(Advanced') level exams in 3-5 subjects. You have to pass A levels or their equivalents to get into uni. Therefore they certainly are NEWTs. Some people do half an A level (AS = Advanced Supplementary) in one year, then drop the subject for the final year. Either way, it's a fairly intense syllabus, not broad-based like the International Baccalaureate. Our David has just got B grades (= 70%-80%) in French, German and Geography, which is pretty darn good. *swells with pride*. PLENTY of sofa room btw but if you prefer to perch over there on the cushions, feel free. You can't spill stuff here cos the merlot is virtual. And delicious.

What's 7-12 grade?

Thanks for your good wishes, Rebecca!
Thanks for all the info! Although you have to graduate from high school (either the regular way or with a GED), there is no other test to get into college. Sadly, there should be with some of the kids in college now...

Our schools are K-12, kindergarten, first, second, all the way to twelth grade. 7-12 would be our middle school and high school years. The elementary teachers (K-6) typically teach all the subjects in one class. The 7-12 typically move from classroom to classroom and teacher to teacher for their lessons (I say typically because there are some other ways out there people are doing it now). So if I did 7-12, language arts, I would be teaching just the language arts area to different classes of kids throughout the day. But you only teach one or two grades at a time, so if I did high school, I might have three 11th grade classes and two 12th grade classes. Actually, explaining it to someone makes it more confusing, so I hope this makes sense!

Weez
word count: 367

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ah, that is definitely clearer, thanks. Your grade system near enough parallels our year system. Primary (elementary) starts at 5 years old with Reception (kindergarten I assume) followed by years 1-6. One teacher teaches everything! At 11 we start secondary school in year 7 - and so on up to year 13 which is A level year. That's when we, too, have different teachers and rooms for different subjects. I teach straight through years 7-13 this year: two Year 7 classes, a year 8, a year 9, a year 10, two 11s, a 12 and a 13. Mostly French, with a little German. At least I'm not wandering round the school with my peripatetic tape deck this year. As a form tutor, I have my own room to which most of my pupils will come for lessons, which should mean I waste less time wandering between times.

Hopefully that is reasonably clear and gives some kind of idea of the type of work I'll be doing next September.
word count: 172

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I'm going to rant here for a moment...

Went to bed at 9:00. Stinkin' hot. The little sh**s who just moved into the house across the street were having a party which entailed much hooting and hollering. My bedroom window faces their house. I had to sleep on my futon in the living room. I had to get up at 4:45 am. I had--and still have to some extent--a sinus pressure headache (human barometer again). Spent the day in a pointless teachers' inservice where all I heard was "Blah, blah, blah." Instead of being able to go out for lunch, we were forced to eat turkey sandwiches out of a box, and they didn't even include chips (boo!).

Would rather dwell on something else at the moment other than education....

(but seriously, good luck with substitute teaching--we may not be famous in the traditional sense, but we are idolized by our students! It's the meetings that we could do without...)
word count: 169

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

begolden wrote:I'm going to rant here for a moment...

Went to bed at 9:00. Stinkin' hot. The little sh**s who just moved into the house across the street were having a party which entailed much hooting and hollering. My bedroom window faces their house. I had to sleep on my futon in the living room. I had to get up at 4:45 am. I had--and still have to some extent--a sinus pressure headache (human barometer again). Spent the day in a pointless teachers' inservice where all I heard was "Blah, blah, blah." Instead of being able to go out for lunch, we were forced to eat turkey sandwiches out of a box, and they didn't even include chips (boo!).

Would rather dwell on something else at the moment other than education....

(but seriously, good luck with substitute teaching--we may not be famous in the traditional sense, but we are idolized by our students! It's the meetings that we could do without...)
Rebecca - feel free to rant and rave whenever you like! This is our big comfy couch here, so you can bring in anything you'd like! (Seriously, though, my LiveJournal is my ranting ground. Do you think I'll ever be too old to use an online blog to get out all of my frustrations?).

I feel for you with the new, loud and seemingly obnoxious neighbours. Sometimes I seriously consider buying a house in the country here. At least that way, I'd be without neighbours and have a bit of peace and quiet! Forgive me if you've mentioned this already but, do you live in a house? A condo, or apartment? I'm sorry you had to sleep on the futon in the living room, and in the heat, with a sinus pressure to boot! Sounds like it wasn't a whole lot of fun :(

I guess your classes will be back in session soon, won't they? Your inservice does sound like it wasn't all that fun, and no chips? What were they thinking!?! Head up, my dear, here's hoping that tomorrow will be a better day for you! :)
word count: 366

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

Don't get me started on neighbors! I have nicknames for all mine, since I don't really know them, and some of those nicknames include "Meth Girl," "Pot Boy," "Scary Bald Guy," and "Drunk Dad." And, a new family moved in across the street in the Spring (I call them "King of Cars" because they have one car that sits in their driveway all the time...the 1989 gold Caddy...then the Dodge Neon with the broken driver's side window that sits on the street and makes a TON of noise when the guy drives it, and the girl's SUV which, so far, has been unoffending). They were OK neighbors, lots of people in and out (adding to those cars on the street), but during the 4th of July celebrations (I'm right next to the local fairgrounds that puts on the yearly display), the King of Cars crew joined the neighborhood "Slacker" next door (youngest son to "Drunk Dad") and set off a TON of firecrackers...right next to his Dodge Neon. Seriously, right next to where you put the gas in the car. I just closed my windows and prayed that when the car blew up it missed crashing back down on my house.

Begolden, you remind me of my teacher friend Sandy, who hates this time of year because of all the stupid meetings they have to sit through. I'm still idealistic about the whole thing, though, and she thinks that's 'cute.' We'll see!

Weez
word count: 254

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

saburcat wrote:Don't get me started on neighbors! I have nicknames for all mine, since I don't really know them, and some of those nicknames include "Meth Girl," "Pot Boy," "Scary Bald Guy," and "Drunk Dad."
Neighbours! We have been so lucky with ours here, they are the nicest people imaginable. And despite the fact that we are in half of a pretty big semi-detached, I reckon we must be awful to live next door to in many ways. For a start we have one choral singer, one opera singer, one cornet player and one trumpet player in the house..
Mind you the neighbours backing on to us in our former house were weird. The kids called them 'the goons'. They wouldn't give back balls that had accidentally gone into their garden and they watched us in our bathroom all the time (we know this because they advised us to get a blind. We already had near-opaque glass, so they must have tried very hard to see anything). And then while I was little there was the old lady in the flat above who used to throw dirty water down on us when we were playing in the back garden, and the man next door who planted conifers round his pocket-handkerchief of a lawn so obsessively that we had a theory he did it to mark the spots where he'd buried the bodies!
saburcat wrote:Begolden, you remind me of my teacher friend Sandy, who hates this time of year because of all the stupid meetings they have to sit through. I'm still idealistic about the whole thing, though, and she thinks that's 'cute.' We'll see!
*mirthless chuckle* You'll learn, young lady!
I'm still idealistic after 25 years, but those training days (we call them INSETs, Rebecca, as in 'inservice training') are very seldom worthwhile ones in my experience. Good luck with them, hope you slide into the new school year seamlessly, everyone.
word count: 335

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

saburcat wrote:Don't get me started on neighbors! I have nicknames for all mine, since I don't really know them, and some of those nicknames include "Meth Girl," "Pot Boy," "Scary Bald Guy," and "Drunk Dad." Weez
Ah, neighbours. Yes, I've got some frightening ones too, but nothing near what you guys have explained! Wow. I live in an apartment, and my cross the hall neighbours (whom I call Frank and Ida, and have a whole backstory for ... purely fiction, of course) are nice enough. It's hard to explain my building, but basically in my hallway, I have only the one set of "neighbours". We have balconies, and mine has a partition between myself and my OTHER neighbour, but between my space and Frank & Ida, there is a space, but no divider. Well, these folks are about in their 70s/80s, and Frank comes out in his not-so-tighty-whiteys all the time, and Ida tans her shoulders, so she pulls her tops down a bit. The way I first saw her, with the balcony ledge blocking, I thought she was topless! :shock: It was a scary thought!

Behind our building, we have a fourplex, and some of those people are odd. There is one family with two young kids and a teenage daughter, and they shout at each other CONSTANTLY! So in the summer, having my windows open an be a big pain in the bum. The kids also get sworn at all the time, which is sad because they are good kids. Sometimes, I wish I lived in the country, so I could have my own land and NO neighbours at all! :)
word count: 278