Five things he'd love to know about you...

General TJ stuff
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Five things he'd love to know about you...

Post by ThyneAlone »

Faberoonie exciting news, guys! Omg that sounds so seven-years-old, but ooh, can't wait to tell you!

We've been sending questions to TJ for ages which he is trying manfully to answer one by one on the main site. But now we have a reciprocal thread to respond to!

TJ HAS QUESTIONS FOR EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. How about that then? :dance: I am about to dash out so I can't answer these yet, I need to think about them (typical TJ, really well thought out) but I implore, pray and desire you to get in and reply!

Without further ado then...here they are.

TJ wrote:5 questions for board members to ask of themself:

1.) Greatest desire. (open ended. a tough one, I know, but what is each individuals greatest desire).
2.) Biggest Fear. (I know, I know, perhaps you were looking for more "what's your favorite color" but from what you grasp of me already, the small-talk never interested me in life.
3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them?!!!! don't need to write this one down. just answer it.
4.) Where do you live currently and what is the state of affairs in your region these days?
5.) what's your favorite JACK moment on bones?

there it is!
Thank you so much you wonderful man. Well, people? Answers please! :clap:
word count: 244
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Five things he'd love to know about you...

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Wow, those are some tough questions, TJ. :shock: :shifty: :think: Personal questions, too. Which is ironic-funny to me because I imagine we as your fans ask you all sorts of questions, some of which may be incredibly personal and we don't necessarily stop to think about why that might be a big deal... so it's funny to me that with these questions you are, in a way, turning the mirror back around on us. Challenging us to respond as openly as you have. Certainly puts things into perspective because that's not always an easy task.

For example, your questions #2 and #3 hit me really hard; my immediate visceral reaction was to say with a tinge of anxiety (and please pardon my language): I'm not sure there's any f***ing way I can answer those online, the answers are too raw, too personal; those are the kinds of answers I only reveal to people if I'm sitting right in front of them, in person, and we're at the point where the shoes are kicked off and the feet are up on the couch and we've started talking at a comfortable point and made our way up to those kinds of questions in one of those almost all-nighter kinds of conversations, you know what I mean? Moments where I can look the person straight in the eye and feel I can trust him or her explicitly.

Still, you've managed to be conversationally open with us in ways most actors don't (or can't) -- hell, forget the actor title, you've been open to us in ways most people aren't willing to be -- and I really admire you for it. Takes a strong person to be that trusting and emotionally available. In that spirit, I'll do my best to answer your questions. Like you say, small talk doesn't interest me as much as a thorough conversation, so if I'm going to do this, I want to do it right. In looking at these questions, I definitely have strong gut reactions and immediate thoughts, but give me a bit of time to let the questions simmer in my brain and figure me out how to put my swirling thoughts into honest, concrete answers. I'll be back. *smiles*

Steph, I will also say it's ironic that you posted these questions to us today. Every once in a while I find myself falling into a mode of contemplation where I can't seem to stop myself from thinking about things much more seriously than the usual I-don't-know/I-don't-have-time-for-this passing thought. Yesterday I felt myself shifting into that mode. I don't know why, or what brought it on, but it's there. Interesting timing, yes? :D
word count: 474
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

This is a cool idea so thanks to TJ for taking the time to come up with the questions. It’s also a welcome distraction at the mo 'cos I'm watching Sky Sports News and the Reds are getting beat, so not good.

Anyway here goes, I'm thinking this is going to be quite lengthy so feel free to speed read and skip over if you get bored!

Desire, mmmmm, TJ, Mr B, desert island ME! Ok I need to behave; seriously this tends to fluctuate depending on the circumstances.

Sometimes it’s to have my Mum back even if only for a quick chat in the kitchen after work to put the world to rights.

Sometimes it’s simply PJs, eating chocolate on the couch watching fluff on the TV.

Sometimes it’s going somewhere far, far away, just for a while, by myself with no means of communication with home, so no-one can hassle me.

More often than not though it’s the desire to do something more creative and valuable in my life instead of the mind numbingly boring job I do now. I know that’s all down to me though (see question three).

Okay onward……..

I know this is really boring, but when I was younger, it used to be spiders, and I'm talking absolute terror, until…..

On holiday in Turkey I went to take a shower and there was this large, hairy, eight legged monster staring back at me from the shower tray. We had this stand off situation you could almost hear it saying ‘don’t mess with me sunshine’.

Unfortunately I have this thing about me that can’t kill anything. Worse than that, I actually quite often rescue things, i.e. picking the odd worm or snail up off the pavement to put it somewhere safe. Bizarre I know but that’s how it is. Fortunately for said monster it was this side of me that won out that day and somehow I managed to pick it up and remove it from the hotel room. So now, I wouldn’t want to get warm and cosy with a spider but the terror is a bit less.

So now the major fears left are being buried alive and dying. The idea of being buried alive really freaks me out so it wont surprise anyone to know that ‘Aliens in a Spaceship’ was really hard to watch, not quite as hard as ‘The Vanishing’ though which actually made me feel physically sick. I try not to think about dying but it kind of comes to the surface when things like losing my mum happen obviously. I'm agnostic so I'm not sure what I believe comes next, if anything, and I find the thought of just nothing, no seeing, hearing, laughing, speaking, no anything really disturbing.

Ok now I’m freaking myself out, and probably depressing everyone so on to the next question….

I’m happy to write this down ‘cos the person that most stops me from achieving things is me. I’m really, really stubborn and have a very short attention span, a combination of which has always stopped me reaching my potential.

That said I never regret anything, if I’d taken a different path I wouldn’t have a lot of the friends in my life that I’m lucky enough to have and I’d be poorer for it.

Over half way there now, the next one’s easy to write.

I’m a born and bred ‘Scouser’. That’s a native of Liverpool, England as in ‘scouse’ a local stew. Scousers are generally opinionated, funny, scary and loyal, dependant on the situation and I am definitely all of these.

Not that I’m biased or anything but it’s the greatest city in the world. Famous for ‘the Beatles’ and hence ‘Merseybeat’ obviously, also for football, both the Reds and that other team in blue!

Other well known people from Liverpool, Clive Barker, George Stubbs, William Gladstone, Alan Bleasdale, Willy Russell, Kim Cattrell and many, many more.

But there is more to this city, one of the highest numbers of listed buildings outside London including the dock area which has been revitalised particularly with the new 10,000 seat arena and Liverpool One close by. Liverpool One is a new forty two acre site with over one hundred shops, bars, restaurants, apartments, a cinema and two hotels, its brought a whole new look to the city.

So the city has changed a lot since it was founded in 1207 and became a city in 1880 and some of its fortune was unfortunately based on the slave trade due to being the nearest port to the Atlantic crossing. However, being a port has made it a cosmopolitan city; we’ve got the oldest Chinese community in Europe for instance. There’s a huge Irish population of which our family the Plunketts are members.

Anyway, currently the city is moving on from its success as European Capital of Culture last year, onward and upward hopefully and you may just get a glimpse of it on a screen near you, it has a successful film and television office and is the most filmed UK city outside London.

One more thing I'm not aware of any topless female aquariam assistants as per Vincent Nigel-Murray although I must admit I haven't been looking, now male ones maybe!

I could go on but I won’t so the final question.

Ok I’m gonna cheat here, there is no way I could pick one moment so I’ve chosen a few:

The ‘Be My Love’ moment in ‘Glowing Bones in the Old Stone House’ sooooooo romantic.

The reindeer antlers and egg nog in ‘The Man in the Fallout Shelter’, hysterical.

All the moments in the car in ‘Aliens in a Spaceship’ but particularly ‘it’s been a pleasure Dr B’

The removing the image from his mind moment in ‘Double Trouble in the Pan Handle’

And….

One word which, for some reason, I found hysterical.

‘Bummer’ said when Daisy broke the skull in ‘The Skull in the Sculpture’; hope I’ve got the right episode with this one.

Note to TJ: I have to say I do like your funny moments you do mischievous really well!

OMG that was really long but hey blame TJ for asking the questions!

To use a famous line ‘That’s All Folks’

Catch you later

Jude x

p.s. the Reds got beat 2-0, not impressed.
word count: 1100

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Jude that was really nice to read. ALL of it. The questions themselves lend towards long answers so I think we shouldn't worry about how long our posts end up on this. What I really like about his questions is that I'm going to find out more about all the wonderful people that take their time to come here and share a bit of themselves with the rest of us. I don't have any answers to the questions yet, I'm thinking about them, and I will answer them soon. Can't wait to read what everyone else writes though! I honestly think this is one of the best things I've ever seen on a forum...not something I've ever seen somewhere else.

Sharon
word count: 129
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Can't shy off these any longer, got to do them before I am buried in school reports!

1.) Greatest desire. Oh, good grief. Well, I love what I do, obviously, but I would really, quite desperately, like the TIME to do other things as well. Perhaps just one more day every week? I would then have the chance to respond to the creative instinct by making more bears, writing and reading more; I'd visit countries outside Europe, which I've never really done; I'd get the house looking the way I want; I'd see my family more regularly; I'd get my singing lessons more frequently; I'd do some amateur acting; I'd get more exercise and stay healthier. Yes, time is what I need. Once there is a job and kids to take care of that particular commodity seems to evaporate!

2.) Biggest Fear. Well, it used to be dying in a fire. Or even a fire destroying all the stuff that makes me 'me' - diaries, address books, photos, keepsakes. When I was little I was so frightened when I read in a science book that the eventual fate of the world was to be swallowed up and burnt as the sun swelled into a red giant, I actually stayed awake nights in case it happened while I was in bed! Now I have joint terrors. One is of suffering dementia or Alzheimer's as I get older. My memory is not working as well as it ought to be (suspect it may go back to my epilepsy and the anti-convulsants I take for it) and I would hate to become confused and unhappy, unable to recognise those who mean so much to me. The other great fear is of Anything happening to my children. Such a strong parental instinct as to be almost primal.

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from achieving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them? Hmm. Well, clearly it would be me. I have to push myself to do anything ouside my comfort zone, I am so lacking in confidence about pushing the envelope. I let it happen because the pain and fear of failure is very strong in me. But then, I guess it depends on what your greatest goal is. If it were a professional one, yes, I've stood in my own way a lot. But personally? I'm pretty happy with my relationship achievements, even when they haven't worked out 100%, and my main personal goal has to be to be able to live happily, healthily and comfortably and look after the ones I love. I'm not doing too badly there.

4.) Where do you live currently and what is the state of affairs in your region these days? I live just 5 miles or so north of Jude in Crosby outside Liverpool. The town is on the coast, just on the mouth of the Mersey, and as it is sheltered by the estuary and nearby mountains we rarely have extreme weather. It is a quiet, friendly little place which still boasts sea-captain's dwellings from the 19th century; there are lots of very large Victorian houses. Apart from our big, rambling house and the wonderful neighbours, the thing I like most about living here is that everything is within a 10-minute walk. That includes work (and other schools), parks, doctor, dentist, pharmacy, coffee shops, fast food and takeaways, newsagents, dress shops, charity shops, post office, churches, beach, leisure centre, hairdressers, supermarket, service station, buses and trains, banks, off-licences, libraries, cinema, theatre - you get the idea. We have one road containing most of the good restaurants in the area. We even have an art installation. Here is where Anthony Gormley's famous 'Another Place' has found a home. Basically he moulded 100 or so iron replicas of his body and had them placed randomly along the shore for miles. Many didn't like them at first, but the locals have warmed to them. All those 'people' gazing out to sea, towards 'another place' make a poignant image and a fantastic photo opportunity.

5.) What's your favorite JACK moment on bones? Oh dear, that's hard. I loved that scene in 'Aliens' where he cried, and I loved his directness when he first asked Angela out. But the man has so many facets. I love him when he is screwed up tight with anger, too, as he has been on and off since losing Angela and as he was when they found out about his money. Everything he says and does is passionate and honest. About as far from the stereotype geek (which I'm sure he could have been played as) as I can imagine. Now that, TJ, is a subtle creation.
word count: 809

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

1.) Greatest desire.
To buy a little house in my home community of Ocean Beach. Something with a little bit of garden area, a driveway and garage, and a fireplace. A place all my own to call home, and have a dog or two again. Oh, and on a street with QUIET neighbors.

2.) Biggest Fear.
What will happen as my aging parents get older, and ultimately having to say goodbye to my mother. I'm still a big Mama's girl...

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from achieving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them?!!!!
I'll answer it anyway. Money. However, that may all change soon as home prices come down. I plan to start looking this summer, once school is out and I have the time to put my mind to it.

4.) Where do you live currently and what is the state of affairs in your region these days?
San Diego, California. Well TJ, you know the state of affairs in Southern California these days. The housing market has gone bust (although that may ultimately be to my advantage, having a secure job and good credit), and people are losing their jobs. Education is facing massive cuts, and I will probably be saying goodbye to a few co-workers with low seniority as class sizes are once again increased.

This is the toughest question so far, as there are sooooo many of them! Right now, I'm leaning towards all those wonderful scenes in "Girl With the Curl." Jack's sweet persistence in getting Angela to go on a date with him--sometimes funny, sometimes poignant, but always adorable--made for some amazing character development for Jack. And, it was the episode that really got me hooked on Bones and TJ.
word count: 310
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Hansio
Fan

Post by Hansio »

1.My greatest desire is that i really wanna work with bones and solve murders. I would love to work in lab and have friends like you have there in bones.

2 My biggest fear is spiders. I hate those nasty litle thing.

3 I'll answer it anyway. only thing that is between me and my greatest desire is hundreds and hudreds of miles. I can't become a forensic anthropologist in finland so my only opinnion is that i have to move in america.

4 As i said i live in finland. In a little town called Rautalampi

5 My favourite Jack moment is in episode Death in the saddle. I laughet so much when i saw you whit cantaloupes. An i ofcourse have to say that i love every moment where Jack is!!!!!
word count: 136

Lauren :)
Fan

Post by Lauren :) »

Heyyah guys :) Love the answers, so deep and you can tell a lot of time and thought has been put into it :)

Greatest desire: :D Greatest Desire would probably just to make people happy. Make people laugh. Make an impression on others that would allow me to be immortal in some sense... I wouldn’t want to live forever. The planet is REALLY going downhill :P Another desire of mines is to try everything. But the first one is miles more important to me. The second one is just for fun :D

Biggest Fear: Hmm... Biggest fear. If I say my friends History teacher... no. No, I've got a better one. My Biggest fear can be my feelings. Sometimes I let Anger take over and its clouds decisions, making me unhappy later on, making my family unhappy and can even spread onto my friends. And knowing I’ve made someone else feel pain because of me... it's the worst thing I’ve ever had to endure :(

Is Something/someone stopping you from achieving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them: Well... Nothing is stopping me :) If I’m not there yet then its just because I’m not ready. Everything happens in this world for a reason, just remember that whenever your feeling sad, one bad day means that the next you'll see what’s important in your life, and how the little things can make such a difference to how you live your life :)

Where do you live currently and what is the state of affairs in your region these days: I live in Aberdeen, Oil Capital of Europe. Once a HUGE fishing town, but fish levels are low just now :( I always think of Nemo when i say that :P) Its home. God, its not the best place to live, but then again, where IS the best place to live? Its your home town and no matter where in the world you go to in your life, you still have this bond to it.

It has three cinema's, a theatre, a concert kind of hall called "The Lemon Tree" and The arts centre. There is (At the moment) 3 major shopping centres in town, one NOT so major but has a lot of designers and one so hidden away that i didn’t actually know it existed until 2 years ago. (And I’ve been living here since 1994!) There is ANOTHER one being built as we speak. It also has an amusement park, several swimming pools, more than its fair share of clubs ;) and restraunts and a ballroom thing :P

And the beach. There’s this video on Youtube of the sunrise on the beach and god its BEAUTIFUL! I found this shell there with my Grandad. One of the conch shells, you know what I’m speaking about? I’ve never seen one again, that is, not one on the beach anyways.

My Grandad died 3 years ago in August. I still have that shell. I'll ALWAYS have that shell and that beach will ALWAYS have a place in my heart.

The weather isn’t anything worth raving about. Its quite windy but its also quite warm today and quite sunny.

I think most of the people of Aberdeen are happy though. At my school, we’ve all got quite a good relationship. Obviously, there are some people that don’t like each other. I’d say there was only two I actually REALLY hated. I don’t like talking to them, they like to moan, and criticise others and they think their so damn hot. They annoy me. There’s a few new girls in my year, Jay and Sarah, and they don’t have that many friends. I’d like to make it my mission to try getting to know them better… they seem nice but they always seem to be skipping school. And they come back and get abuse from these people that are too stuck up to give them a shot.

Shops are closing down. No money to spend equals shops not getting customers equals shops shutting down. Simple fact. That’s the only real problem we have at the moment though. It’s quite peaceful other wise.

What's your favorite JACK moment on bones: Hodgins and Angela’s first date or when Hodgins and Brennan are stuck in the car :D TJ, you are an AMAZING actor and god I’ll kill the writers if they don’t give you something so we can see some of those amazingly personal scenes once more :P

And bring back Eric. I really miss Zack and Hodgins Experiment bonanza. ;)

So that’s me, signing out :mrgreen:

xxx
word count: 784

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Look at all these brave, beautiful souls. I just wanted to say that first, how brilliant and gorgeous your responses are, so individual and interesting.

:think: :oops: :shifty:

And I am jealous of your courage because I am ... just... struggling... to answer these questions. I keep coming back to this thread, with every intention of speaking, all forthright and calm, and then I crumble and chicken out.

Part of me genuinely wants to post, because TJ's asking the questions, and also, especially, if it means finding others who 'get' what I'm saying, who relate to my greatest fears and greatest desires, and with whom I can get perspective and have good conversation about it all.

But I keep pausing... because it's so difficult for me to share something so personal. Online, at least. Face to face, it's difficult, but if I can look into a person's eyes and trust he or she won't laugh or betray my confidence or shatter me for my thoughts, then I can do it. But online? I feel so vulnerable. To be that honest and out there for the world to see. It's my headspace, you know? In life, I often waffle back and forth, unsure if I'm willing to expose myself (and the wacky inner workings of my brain) to just anybody. My close friends in real life, yes, you guys whom I actually converse with on a regular basis, yes, but making myself available for the scrutiny and judgment of all the strangers out there in the ether? Those who haven't earned my trust? Those who haven't shared something equally delicate and individual? I struggle with that.

I don't know if I'm being careful and therefore protecting myself wisely, or if I'm merely afraid. Not of offending others, but of opening up and sharing of myself, of being vulnerable and subject to others' thoughts, opinions, and judgments.

It's an incredibly tough choice.

Frankly, I marvel at TJ's willingness and ability to do so lately, on his own site, on MySpace as well, posting his raw emotions poetically for all to read. That's an extraordinarily vulnerable position to put oneself in, especially when you're already feeling vulnerable or emotional about the chosen subject. But for someone in the public eye, as he is? Even more challenging because more people might actually be paying attention.

I myself post such a thing and then pause, worrying if I'll regret it in the light of day.

For better or worse, I know they're my feelings and I'm allowed to have them and express them. But I also want to be able to protect those feelings, and myself.

Sometimes the line is a slender, silver thread, and it's tough to know whether to snip it and fly free, open and beautifully expressive, or hold onto it and weave that thread into something private and special, just for you (me) to treasure and contemplate and explore and master. Yours to figure out. Yours to keep.

Does that make any amount of sense?
word count: 521

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sherry it all makes sense to me. But I also think that is somewhat of the reasoning behind TJ's questions in the first place. He likes the soul searching, deep stuff because it is a large part of who he is as well. At least I think so just from the contact I've had with him. He's funny and serious and definitely always poetic.

I haven't answered the questions yet either, I started to and then didn't finish. I still intend to answer them, some time, when I don't have a pile of other stuff to do...or when I'm sitting just avoiding other things maybe.

Anyway Sherry if you prefer not to answer, I understand. If you do answer them, I know I'll love reading your answers and finding out more about you. I've really loved all the answers so far, learned a lot about the wonderful people that inhabit our little TJ world, and also see that basically we are all quite a bit a like, because reading the answers I find some of what I was thinking when I read them as well. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that TJ chose to ask the hard questions because we all know we can go through out our days without ever actually thinking about it.

Sharon
word count: 225
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sherry, don't agonise. Honestly, it's perfectly ok if you decide to keep things to yourself. I might hesitate if this was a very much bigger forum. But it's all right whether you decide to answer the questions or not - I'm sure TJ would say the same.

Actually I came over here because I remembered something else I'm really big-time frightened of.

Infinity.

That great big incomprehensible mind-tormenting swirl of nothing, going on and on and on, inescapable, remorseless. I mean, forever? What does that mean?

There was a Flintstones ep that gave me nightmares when I was little. Fred and Barney were being pursued by this seductive-spy type called Madam Yes and however far they ran, whatever they did, she always turned up. She always turned up. And sometimes, when I stare into the sky and blank, churning inevitability, I see that mocking cartoon face on it. Does that sound mad? I think, you see, what scared me was the possibility of something happening over and over again and never stopping. And that still frightens me a bit now. Our fears are what we cannot understand.
word count: 194

Fan

Infinity is scary.

Its forever man. Forever in what? In hell? In Heaven? In limbo? In nothingness? Its freaky. Its not the fear of infinity, its the fear of what infinity holds.

You live forever in infinity. But is it life? Is is death? Infinity is one of those things that you can't possibly comprehend.

Hmmmm... the Flintstones could be scary... :) I still loved them though :)

But i agree, that episode was scary!
word count: 74

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

*delurks...yeah, its been awhile*

1.) Greatest desire - I think it's to have that one big love that might last into my later years. The kind of love between some of the older couples I see walking down the street, still holding hands and giggling like lovestruck teenagers. I've been in love before, but for various reasons it didn't last. I guess if it doesn't happen, I'm not meant to have it. :( But I am hopeful that it will happen.

2.) Biggest Fear - Dying young. I have had a few near misses (health, car accident), and am careful these days where safety counts. I've also learned to appreciate every moment, because if I do pass away at a young age for whatever reason, I'd like to think I did everything I could to have the best life possible.

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them - I'm in a holding pattern on a goal for a future career, but right now I don't feel the move is feasible. The economy is affecting the company I'd like to get into, so I'd rather wait for the right moment to make my move.

4.) Where do you live currently and what is the state of affairs in your region these days - I live in Orlando, FL and the area is doing alright. We have lots of people here; rich, poor, every ethnicity imaginable. It's a big melting pot with a lot of people just trying to get by. Sometimes I miss the vibe I got where I used to live (Denver, CO), where folks were quite a bit more polite, and the mountains were within spitting distance. But I do like where I live, and have found many things to do here (Disney, museums, reenactments, archeology digs).

5.) what's your favorite JACK moment on bones - I enjoyed the scene with Jack and Angela on the swing, just sharing a fun, carefree moment with one another. I saw a few layers peel back from each of them, to the point where they were finally able to be comfortable and let their guard down.
word count: 375
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

It's my turn! I've been dancing around this for weeks now ( :wink: ), because it's difficult for me to write this in English. So...

1.) Greatest desire:

Sometimes I want to be an actress and escape in every part I play.
Sometimes I just want a house (here where I live or maybe in London), a husband and a dog! Just be happy! ...but - straight to question No. 3 ...

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them?!!!!

I'm too scared of taking a risk! I always play it safe. (Dull, I know!) I bet a lot of people would say I have always done the right thing! Maybe I should have tried the "wrong" thing from time to time. :? So, I'm always getting in my way!

2.) Biggest Fear.

Losing someone near and dear to me.
Me or someone close to me getting a bad injury or illness.
Being alone.
Never find that special someone to live my life with.
Losing my job.

I live in the north of Germany. I live in a smaller district of my town with lots of trees and parks and green. I like it to live not so close to the city center. Much calmer here! But of course a longer way to work. Who cares!!! :)
I love living near water. Can't imagine not to! Love to take a walk and look at the water letting my mind wander.

We have some big movie theaters here. (Very important for me! I love to go to the movies! As Jack Nicholson said at the Oscars in 2008: "...they (movies) take us away, when you want to get away!...") But also lots of smaller movie theaters around. I mostly go to the big ones, but sometimes it's also nice to go to a smaller one. Very nostalgic and not so busy.

Oh, that's an easy one! :)
The swing date in "The Girl With the Curl" Season 2/Ep. 7 -
That scene on the swing sets is so romantic! Where do you find a man like that in real life??? :) Of course lots of more great Jack moments I love but that is really my favorite one!

OK, that's it! Wow, it took me a while! Sometimes not so detailed, but as it is a public forum I didn't want to say more.

Love,
Simone.
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 8 times in total. word count: 435
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Fan

:) Great answers!!

Know how you feel Simone, i live near water too, its nice, though i cant visit there everyday. Or really that often. I should go down, thats not a problem. Getting back up is a problem! I SWEAR its a 70 degree hill!!

Phew...

It's tiring just thinking about it :lol:
word count: 53

Sandy
Fan

Post by Sandy »

1.) Greatest desire:

That all my family and frineds gonna be ok and to be happy.
Visit L.A and meet TJ and the rest of Bones´cast: David , Emily, Michaela, Tamara, John.. .and if posible to see how they filming Bones :D
also travel around the world and see new places and cultures...
2.) Biggest Fear.

Lose someone of my family or friends :cry: .. and the water .. when i was child almost I drowned .. from that day .. i fear of the water .. only I get into the swimming pool if the water comes to me up to the neck.

3.) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal and if so-why let it/them?!!!!

umm i think the money.. Already that the money it is not quite in this world .. but it is very necessary to do a a lot of things .. for example to buy a house .. to travel but specially helps to my family and another people to need it :(

I live in Madrid, Spain...haha the coincide that the city is in the center of all Spain in the map...It is a city with charm ... still continues supporting places and monuments of centuries ago .. the interesting places to visit are the center because preserves buildings from the year 1700 ... that are fantastic, the royal palace, the Prado Museums that have a great pictures´s collection and especially from the famous Goya and other artists, it is famous as the louvre of Paris .. and many more modern museums..
Another thing for that is known Madrid is for the soccer team, Real Madrid .. the whole world is going to visit the stadium .. also the bullring .. but I am not very a fan of it .. also the Retiro Park is like the Central Park of NY but more smaller .. and puff there is a heap and beautiful things that to see here... :lol:

The aliens spaceship and Girl With the Curl.. those episode when Tj is fantastic.. and i love also the Jack and Zack momnets in the lab doing crazy experiments lol. :dance:
word count: 374

Dr_Carson_Beckett
Fan

Post by Dr_Carson_Beckett »

1) Desire: To expand my tidbits of knowledge and learn as much as humanly possible. I love learning languages, because it seems that with each new word I learn, it's one step closer to bridging the communication barrier. So it's not a physical desire or a selfish desire. I desire to gain information and use that information to connect to the entire world. I see no limits on how a person can expand themselves.

2) Fear: That one day I'll end up alone, with no friends, or a loved one. I'm a people person and like to be social in groups, or one on one with a special some one. I fear that even though I am searching and searching for that one special person....that I'll never find them. I know, I have to have patience (but some times I'm just darned stubborn!) :P

3) Some one/thing blocking my goal/achievement: Aside from myself, nothing. Yeah, money is great...but I value what can't be bought or sold. I let myself get in the way at times. I try not to own the label of fibromyalgia and RSD -nerve issues-(which unfortunately I have) and strive each day to overcome the obstacles in my path. I smile despite pain, and try to live life to its fullest. Pain can slow me down, but it's also a motivator. I may at times take one step forward and two back, but I eventually get to where I want to be.

4) Where I live/current affairs: Unfortunately I live in Lumberton, New Jersey at the moment. I wasn't born in NJ, so I don't like it here. (I was born a good ol' southern belle.) The state itself is bankrupt and the taxes are unbelievable....and the cost of living has gone through the roof. It's a sad state of affairs really, but then again the entire country is like that presently. It's a nice, more rural south jersey that I live in, but even here it's WAY too crowded at times. The drivers SUCK, and traffic is nail biting. The weather is atrocious and it goes from one extreme to the next!! Temporal climate my tukus! I hope to get out of this state soon....cause I just might go insane if I don't. I love to travel and see new places, darn that wanderlust!!! ::shakes fist at sky:: why did I have to be born with a wandering spirit? lol The only thing saving me from going completely insane is Mitsuwa. Awesome Japanese supermarket type place in North Jersey. Caution: Watching Anime May Lead to Strange Snacks!

5) Fav Jack moment: Hmm....do I have to decide?? Any thing with him and Zach experimenting in the lab. Love the comedic timing with the cantalopes, but also love the softer side when he was on his date with Angela on the swings. It's like each time we learn a new and different layer that makes up Jack Hodgins. Can I just wrap him in a bow and take him home with me? That'd be simpler...
word count: 531

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Wow, well thought questions. They are hard to answer - especially in english. But here are my answers.

1) Greatest desire:
I really don't know. I would like to see more of the world, especially overseas like the USA or Australia. I'm single at the moment and sometimes I wish I would find „the right man on my side“, but I don't think I can say one of these is „my greatest desire“. Maybe it's a job I really really love. I like a lot of things at the job I'm doing right now. But I think I can't really see me doing this for the next 25 years...

2) My biggest fear
During my child / teenage days I think it was saying or doing something wrong or stupid. That was hard, because it kept me away from conversations or doing things I might have liked to do. Losing my parents is one of my biggest fears, we're very close and I talk to them nearly ever day. And although I don't have claustrophobia the thought of being in a very small room or place for longer is horrible. We once had „a thing“ in a TV-Show called „the celebrity in the bag“ where a celebrity was in a bag and I think you had to guess who it was (it's been ages when this aired I can't really remember). But I remember that I barely couldn't watch it because I really had a bad feeling and thought I couldn't breathe anymore (although it wasn't me in the bag). Oh, and I don't like spiders either.

3) Is there a something/someone stopping you from acheiving your greatest goal?
If there's something or someone – than It's probably me.

I live in Heilbronn, Germany. „the town“ was first mentioned as „villa Helibrunna“ in 741. It received its town charter in 1281. Heilbronn has about 120.000 inhabitants. It's called the „Kätchentown“ which comes from a novel „Kätchen from Heilbronn“ which Heinrich von Kleist wrote. It's in the south of Germany. Heilbronn is a wine region. I myself live near some wineyards and I can see them when I look out of my window. Every year (since 1971) in September there's a big wine festival for 9 days. There are a lot of stands where you can buy wine and food and there are live bands. It's well known and has about 300.000 visitors. The car manufacturer AUDI has a factory here in this region. Not directly in Heilbronn but here in the region. One of the biggest discounters here in Germany – they have stores everywhere – has it's bureaus in the region too. So those are two of the big employers here. Two others (of the big ones – of course there are a lot more) are Unilever (Knorr) and Campina / both have to do with food. We have shopping centers, two cinemas, parks, a hockey stadium – there's also a soccer stadium. I'm not so interested in boths sports but I think our ice hockey team is doing much better than our soccer team - if we even still have one, can't remember that I heard or read a lot about them in the last years. We have a lot of bars and restaurants, nice beer garden. There's a concert hall and a theatre.

I love Hodgin's and Angela's first date. That was really romantic. And I like the scenes in the car with Brennan in „Aliens in a Spaceship“ and the endscene when he cries. There are a lot more great scenes like all funny ones with Zack for example.
word count: 654

Fan

Everyone has awesome answers :)

The world's in a bit of a state though isnt it? There's floods and global warming, terrorism and murders, taxes and financial breakdowns and it can feel like everything sucks.

But we have our friends. We have our famillies. Do we really need much else?

(I hate spiders too ;) )
word count: 55

Geishawannab
Fan

Post by Geishawannab »

okay, here goes.

1. greatest desire:

To be the kind of mother my own Maman is to me. She is truly my role model, not just for motherhood, but for being a wonderful woman and human being. She is generous, kind, sweet, funny, likes to make fun of herself, is a reckless driver (okay maybe not that part!) a loving wife, a best friend to each of her three children. She has class, is diplomatic to a tee, is educated, comes from an upper-middle class family but doesn't act like it, she's down to earth and very humble. I want to have a child to be able to show this new human being all the wonders of the world. I want to take my child's hand and guide them into the person they will become. I want to be their stepping stone to their first childhood experiences. I want my child to be open-minded and honest to themselves about who they are and what their contribution to this world can be.

2. greatest fear?

I am claustrophobic. But only when I feel I cannot control the situation (being in a packed elevator vs trapped in an elevator). I was a child attending a birthday party when the kids decided it would be fun to take turns locking ourselves into a small trunk. I didn't think anything of it since everyone was doing it and got out just fine. Well, when it was my turn, they took their time to open the box. Quite a bit of time actually. I left the trunk crying and ran home. I didn't go back to that house for a few months after.
Another big fear is losing my beloved husband. He is my soul mate and I can't imagine what my life would be without him. It would certainly be less colorful and funny, as he makes me laugh every single day of my life.

3. what's keeping me from my goal/dream:

my indecision and my procrastination. I don't know what to do with myself, so instead of experimenting, I do nothing. I love art, but I don't like the mess. I love dancing but I don't have the back for it, I love writing (as you can probably tell) but I have zero discipline for it either. Artistically I am limited to listening to music and reading. Not very inspiring, I know.
But I do want to change this. I just don't know how, yet.

4. I'm from Montreal Quebec, the most lively city in the province (yup, I'm partial) and things around here are relatively good. There's no plague, no war, no famine. The recession hasn't hit Canada as much as the States, but some of my friends are feeling the pinch in terms of jobs. The housing market has started to go down, but prices are still pretty pricey by Montreal standards. As for the political climate, the whole french/english separatism has died down a bit in recent years. However, it still lingers in some circles.

I am French Canadian but I don't consider myself Canadian as much as Quebecoise. There's a difference in my viewpoint. But I would never go so far as to want separation to occur, quite the contrary. I like the rest of the country, and much of my husband's family resides in Ontario. He is Anglophone but also from here. I actually prefer to speak and write and read in english. Go figure, too much english schooling maybe.

and lastly, umm, what was the last question? oops..looks like I wrote too much....oh yeah! How could I forget:

favorite Jack moment:

it's hard to keep it to a minimum here. When he imitates Booth in S1, when he and Zack talk about what Christmas means to them, when he tells Angela how scared he is of falling asleep after being trapped in the car, when he pushes the button for Zack in the hospital when the poor kid's in pain, when he remembers he has to talk to Angela's dad about the marriage and when he asks Angela to be his love. Not all in order chronologically, but it doesn't really matter, does it? oh, another one: when Angela snaps his elastic against his wrist and smiles at him deviously.

so that's it. thanks for taking the time to read.

mc

ps: my favorite color is purple (smirks)
word count: 760