Interviews

Sightings, articles, media, pictures.
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Interviews

Post by begolden »

The interview was fabulous--and lots of fun! I look forward to reading part II when they get it posted. Thanks again TJ, and Dave too!
word count: 26
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

iseeyou
Fan

Post by iseeyou »

Awesome! When will the next part be posted?

Would it be at all possible to have an ongoing q&a, for example a place where fans can submit questions as they think of them, and periodically someone can send them to TJ and he can answer them as he sees fit? I know multiple celebrities do this on their sites- for example Rosie O'Donnell haha- doesn't have to be long answers or anything.

It could just be me, as I touch type very fast, but it seems like that could be easier for all than a formal sitdown interview that someone then has to transcribe.

Naturally TJ is very busy, but especially with Bones starting up again, could be a project to work on whenever he has free time hanging out in his trailer between takes, etc- of course totally up to him, but he seems (and we appreciate it!) willing to interact with his fans, and this way he can do it with little pockets of time instead of having to trek over and sit down people people from the site.

Just a thought.

And RE: my questions- a little birdy told me that you've had at least one "scary" fan encounter TJ- one which the police got involved. :evil:
word count: 213

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

iseeyou wrote:Would it be at all possible to have an ongoing q&a, for example a place where fans can submit questions as they think of them, and periodically someone can send them to TJ and he can answer them as he sees fit? I know multiple celebrities do this on their sites - it seems like that could be easier for all than a formal sitdown interview that someone then has to transcribe.
tut-tut, iseeyou, :wink: have you not looked at the all-you-ever-wanted-to-know question thread of late? This is exactly what I am planning to do. I put in a suggestion to management some time ago about it, they seem happy enough, as they are now suggesting it back at me, and I am currently testing the water to make sure you lot would be ok with it. It's got a favourable reaction so far.
word count: 152
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

iseeyou
Fan

Post by iseeyou »

I know I know, but it seems like it would be easier to just have the MTeam email the questions to TJ, you know? That way he can just shoot back some quick responses, and the MTeam can just post them right on the site.

It's not a criticism, but doing a sitdown interview and then transcribing it takes time and I know everyone involved is but 2 months for 5 questions seems like a lot- obviously I don't expect TJ to constantly be answering questions, but it seems like the process could just be shortened a lot by having him quickly type out his answers as opposed to an interview, and them just being posted right on the site as written. Maybe once a month (or less, whatever he's comfortable with) or then if he's away or whatnot, just being closed for new questions for a hiatus period.
word count: 153

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I get the impression that all or most of the members of TJ's Management Team are his personal friends, so perhaps he wanted a sit-down interview because it would be more fun for all involved. However, it could get tedious for all of them if we continue coming up with questions, and so perhaps TJ will eventually just respond to the questions in writing as you suggest. At any rate, I'm grateful that TJ has responded so well to our fan nosiness!
word count: 85

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

iseeyou wrote:I know I know, but it seems like it would be easier to just have the MTeam email the questions to TJ, you know? That way he can just shoot back some quick responses, and the MTeam can just post them right on the site.
umm? sorry, not seeing the difference between what you want and what we're almost certainly going to do. I'm not being clear here, sorry. The original full interview I sent had 25-30 questions in it so it was probably inevitable it had to be done in sections anyway. But on top of this we now have another 40 or so questions in the thread I mentioned above. So what I want to do is collect questions onsite and get them sent to TJ via Mteam with a response to maybe 2 to 5 at a time (depending on length - some require quite short replies) every 2 or 3 weeks. As we already have a bank of questions which I've typed up, I can send those off straight away and TJ can answer those in his own time for posting after the main interview sections are done with. Although I honestly don't know if he's capable of 'quick responses'! :lol:
iseeyou wrote:2 months for 5 questions seems like a lot
Well, that isn't just to do with the transcription, as far as I can gather from the management team. Some of it is because of everyone being away, including TJ, until halfway through January, and then preparing a painstakingly beautiful format only to discover that it wouldn't load onto the site in that form and had to be reworked. So one would hope that future Q & A will run more smoothly after this experience!
word count: 298

iseeyou
Fan

Post by iseeyou »

Ok, sounds good. I was just commenting that the format of this go round should be abandoned, with the in person interview by the MTeam, which they then have to transcribe, etc. Instead they can forward the questions right onto TJ via email, he can type out a few answers, send them back, and they can copy and paste what TJ has sent them and immediately post it on the site. Therefore, as soon as TJ answers them they are almost immediately available. I only know basic html and even I could copy and paste some questions and answers and post them on a website with no delay :) I wasnt sure if it was going to continue in the manner of the first interview or not, so I was just suggesting a better way. Glad to see someone was already on it:)
word count: 142

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I don´t have much time but I am here because of the interview, which was great! :D I printed it out and read it on the train at my way home from work! So great that he answered my question, too! Although I saw that one of Sherrys questions was almost the same as mine. Sorry! Thanks Steph for sending it to the MTeam anyway! :D
Can´t wait to read more! Love it!

Simone
word count: 74
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I've sent the latest set of 51 questions asked by 11 of us to Mteam (and darn, I've just thought of another one!), laying out what we have been discussing here. If all goes well, and they agree, we should be having the rest of this interview, and then bite-sized chunks of question every couple of weeks. If they don't like the idea, we'll rethink. What I was considering was a special TJ interaction page where we could place the interview, the question snippets, any blogging he may want to do and his early-suggested Favourite Clip section where he'll post a clip and tell us why he liked it. I think this would be great and I hope they will agree.
word count: 128

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

insert audible squeel here...ok im excited!!! ooo I shall have to definitely keep tuned in to when that comes out... ahhh!!!!!! thank you guys so much for being so good to us fans!!! especially tj.... :wink: :D
word count: 36

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Boy, am I behind on reading the threads here! I'm overwhelmed. :D I'm going to have to respond to everything in several visits.
ThyneAlone wrote:I've sent the latest set of 51 questions asked by 11 of us to Mteam (and darn, I've just thought of another one!), laying out what we have been discussing here. If all goes well, and they agree, we should be having the rest of this interview, and then bite-sized chunks of question every couple of weeks. If they don't like the idea, we'll rethink. What I was considering was a special TJ interaction page where we could place the interview, the question snippets, any blogging he may want to do and his early-suggested Favourite Clip section where he'll post a clip and tell us why he liked it. I think this would be great and I hope they will agree.
I think that's a terrific idea, Steph.

And you know I've got follow-up questions, now that I've had a chance to read the first part of the very fun Interview. TJ, consider yourself warned. ;) heh heh hehhhh

A big enthusiastic THANK YOU to TJ and Dave (especially considering how exhausted Dave was, poor guy). And thank you to whoever is doing the transcribing. Can't wait to read the rest of the interview!
word count: 231

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

oh I want to add to that thank you!!! if only we could link those cute ecards that play silly songs and are often quite hilarious...I think theyd all appreciate it! but as they are the computer genius's I will leave the thank you card to their imagination...THANK YOU!!!!! <3
hmmm maybe theyd like those virtual brownies :-)
word count: 60

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hell, I think we'd ALL like those virtual brownies right about now, Catylin! ;)

*considers this thought*

I'm hungry. :D

(Alas, no breakfast for me until I've worked out, which I should go do, so... hope you're all having a great Friday!)
word count: 44

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

It's been a while...it's really my job to look out for these, you know! myFanbase interview - enjoy.
http://www.myfanbase.de/index.php?mid=1591&pid=5923
word count: 30

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Very nice interview, thanks for finding and posting the link! It was interesting to hear T.J.'s take on the all the changes that have happened to his character.
word count: 30

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sharon's got a new interview up in the Press section, folks, if you are in the habit of coming here without scrutinising the homepage for updates. It's a good one - go find it!

Thanks to wonderful Sharon who is doing all this while laden with schoolwork!
word count: 48

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I second that praise! Thank you, Sharon! :clap:

P.S. I believe this was my favorite quote from that interview:

"Because let's face it, when it comes to Forensic Science, it's going to be very hard to get away with commiting a crime with people like Dr. Jack Hodgins out there in the world! A single fiber, a single minute-ism of any kind, and he's got your ass!"

BAH HAHAHAHAA

Awesome, TJ. Heee. :D

He has some fascinating observations about the Jack and Angela relationship, as well. Definitely worth a read, people. Give it a good look when you've got a moment!
word count: 105

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Aww thanks but it really is up there because the very nice girl Melissa from NiceGirlsTV.com alerted me that they were putting it up today! Thanks Melissa!! :mrgreen:
word count: 28
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

HI..

Didn't know where to put it.. :-)

Was looking at TJ's Facebook page and saw a fan posted a radio interview TJ has made with a radio station in Boston.

I am listining to it now.. OMG.. such a cute voice.. :D

Here is the link..
http://www.kiss108.com/pages/Matty.html?an=TJ-Thyne
word count: 57

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Nice one Hanne! Well spotted! :)
word count: 5