TJ--Twitter

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ForensicMama
Fan

TJ--Twitter

Post by ForensicMama »

So... I found TJ on Twitter, but I doubt that it's real because he doesn't have Eric or Hart on his Twitter--usually the identifying signs that it's legit. Does anyone know if twitter.com/tjthyne (private... have to apply to it)) is real? I'd rather delete it if it's fake.

Thanks!!!

~Mama
word count: 58
Blogger, Temptress, & Miss America All In One Compact Little Package
http://bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: TJ--Twitter?

Post by skftex »

Yep, that is TJ.
word count: 4
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ForensicMama
Fan

Post by ForensicMama »

It is!? :D :D :D Good to know!!! This makes me eternally happy! :D

~Mama
word count: 11

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

Yay another means of stalking people!

There's a theatre junkies twitter too.
word count: 13

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Theatre Junkies Twitter is also TJ.
word count: 6
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ForensicMama
Fan

Post by ForensicMama »

I saw Theatre Junkies and wondered if he or someone else ran it. :)
word count: 13

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

I interpreted them as most things like that in twitter, one for an organization and one for a person. So while they may be upkept by the same person, I do not consider them the same thing.
word count: 37

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well interpret it however you wish, it's still TJ writing the messages for theatre junkies.
word count: 16

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

I know that...

Don't need to jump down my throat for mentioning that there's dedicated Theatre Junkies twitter...
word count: 20

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

All I did was make a statement about what you said. I didn't jump down anyone's throat. But, now I know...
word count: 23

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey girls, chill, I think you are both saying basically the same thing in different ways, ie that they are separate entities and both maintained by our main man.

What I want is for someone to actually explain to me in words of one syllable what Twitter is. In what ways is it different from things like MySpace and FaceBook and how is it useful? Anyone out there got one?
word count: 70
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Your friends have to go to your MySpace page to actually communicate with you and see what you are doing. On Facebook, everything you post pops up on your friends' pages so they can see what you're doing at all times. I think Twitter might be more like Facebook, only more posting and less other content. Am I right?
word count: 60
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Twitter is a lot more like Facebook than like Myspace. However, it doesn't seem to have all the games and other apps that Facebook does, and you only see the general posts of the people you're following. If you want to see their responses to other ppl, you have to go to their page, and then follow links to other ppls pages to see what they were asked in the first place. You also have a character limit for each post, which can be kind of restricting. I only use Twitter to follow HH, Eric, and TJ, and stick with Facebook for my friends.
word count: 106
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sounds a wee bit fiddly and irritating for my liking, but if you can ask questions and get notice taken of you, well, go for it, I can see why ppl do.
word count: 32

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

My sister recently joined Twitter for work-related connections, but it's still funny because she's not usually a computer gal of any sort so I'm amused that she's taken to this particular site so enthusiastically (almost to the point of obsession, haha). And she asked me if I wanted to join, but right now I don't know if I want to because 1) I'd only be there to follow certain people, like TJ or Stephen Fry or other entertaining twitterers, and 2) I'm way too verbose to be able to cut my comments down into 120-characters-or-less sound bytes! That's too hard for me! :lol:
word count: 114

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oho..a character limit. That'd be like gagging you with masking tape, Sherry. The frustration would be palpable! Stick to areas where you can express yourself thoroughly!
word count: 28

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I know! Can you imagine? That's like tying my hands behind my back! (Although your masking tape analogy is much more appropriate, though the thought of either one is disturbing, LOL.)

How am I supposed to be expressive when I'd have to abbreviate my words and shorthand my comments and type everything in short bursts?? There's just no way, I'm telling you.

This is why I'm also no good at cell phone-texting. :mrgreen:
word count: 78

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

I'm glad to hear that TJ's twitter is real. I enjoy using Twitter a lot, and it's a good way of meeting people. I find it easier than Bebo and myspace etc. It's simple to use, although the character limit can sometimes be frustrating! :D

Maybe I'll see some of you guys on Twitter at some point. For those of you that do already have it, add me, I'm Rockstar1993. I look forward to it. :D

Thanks.
word count: 81
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Since it was my idea, I can undertake the task of updating this thread with TJ's Tweets. :)

July 1:

TJ: "Danced all night in the rain in central park to Explosions in the SKy! Amazing! tonight, MGMT in Brooklyn! Gotta love ol' NY!!!!!"

July 3:

TJ: "knocking down walls, redoing ma & pa's house here in jersey. all weekend at Lowes & home depot...this solid one, or more stripped? hmmm!"

HartHanson: @TJThyne "Do NOT do anything that mars your face, makes you limp, damages your voice, clouds your eye, messes your hair, or makes you hunch."

TJ: "Tribeca Film just listed "VALIDATION" as a MUST SEE short film! Thanks Tribeca!!! check it out on youtube! we are just shy of 2 million!!!"

Theatre Junkies: "wrapped shuffle and now this AMAZING!> http://www.tribecafilm.com/news-feature ... ation.html"

Theatre Junkies: "enjoy VALIDATION & look for our feature SHUFFLE in the fall!"
word count: 151
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Jade, that is sweet. As is massively evident from my absence recently, I just don't have time to subscribe to such things and it is great to have the update. Thank you so much.
word count: 35