The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

A big, belated welcome to Victor and Krissy! :D

Please make yourselves comfortable around the forum threads and enjoy! Let any of us know if you have any questions.

And Krissy, your grandmother has excellent taste. :mrgreen: Although I imagine that must have been an odd conversation to have with her, LOL! Probably about as odd as the conversation I once had with my mom about a male figure skater who looked really good on the ice, skating in black leather pants. I was appraising him quietly when my mother turned to me and said, "He's got a nice butt in those pants, doesn't he?" I was like, "MOM!" HAHAHHA Still, I couldn't argue with her, just like I can't argue with your grandmother. TJ was really hot, coming out of that decontamination shower. (Sorry, TJ, don't mean to embarrass you, but it's true. *GRIN*)

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 152
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Krissy, it's great to see you. It's Steph calling, aka ThyneAlone. I moderate these forums along with my esteemed friend Rebecca. As you can already see, the people here are warm, welcoming and generally lovely, so I consider the 'job' something of a privilege. Feel free to private-message me with any problems or, indeed, suggestions. We're always on the lookout for ideas to make our boards even better. Welcome indeed, and enjoy it here!
word count: 78
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Welcome Krissy! I'm sure you will have a great time here! :D
word count: 12

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

WELCOME, Krissy! Hope you like it here! Have fun! :text-welcomeconfetti:
Simone.
word count: 10
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Azeleen
Fan

Post by Azeleen »

Hello everyone. Sharon already "knows" me, since I have shared one or two emails with her, but here I come :mrgreen:

Sooooo *hates to talk about herself >< *

My name's Sarah, even though I chose 'Azeleen', which is a name I found in a book (it supposedly means "the one who is like my own reflection" <~ approximate translation from French explanation) . You read right, I'm a French speaking gal who actually lives in Belgium (the small country on the north border of France :P ), even though I plan to leave ASAP >< ... Never really liked it here.

Then, what could I say... Uhm.. *thinks hard, brain cells boiling*
Yeah, so I'm 21, born Capricorn (:P), loves to read and sometimes writing (even though whatever I write never hits the WWW). The only time I did put it online, I was told I wrote beautifully and should start writing a novel. Yeah, right, like I'd believe them XD ... I like listening to music too, and actually loved the music played in Mayhem on a Cross... Maybe that makes me somehow deficit ? XD Or maybe not. The only kind of music I can't stand is rap, French music and techno... Those are like nails on a board to me .. ><
Otherwise, I love to discover new stuff. I've studied tourism for a short while (3 years) and I'm naturally predisposed to curiosity and willingness to learn about other people likes or dislikes. I even sometimes am considered as a geek or a "no-life" person because most of my acquaintances are people I met online, from all around the world. Whatever, I like it that way and since I suffer from sociophobia, it's all for the best ;)

I'm not keen on talking about myself a lot, my friends find me kinda secretive, even though I'm the first one to volonteer for helping if there's ever the necessity to it. I'm the shoulder to lean on, not the one crying on a friend's, if you know what I mean. I learned at a very young age to be strong with my feeling and for me, showing such things as tears is something I do not allow people to see. I don't want them to see any flaws, and that same wish may be considered as a flaw ...

Anyway, I better stop rambling...

Did I mention I loved Mr Thyne? Not in the "I wanna marry him" kind, I'm a little more rationnal and realistic than that, but in the "I highly respect his talent and his work" kinda way :lol: ...
I guess I don't have to mention that, otherwise I wouldn't be here. lol

I don't like to talk about myself, so it's possible that I forgot to mention things. If so, ask your questions and I will answer them if they reveal to be pertinent :mrgreen:

PS: please forgive any spelling or typing mistake I may make, English is not my mother tongue ;) . Thanks =)

Cya around, I guess XD
word count: 509

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Belated welcome to Krissy! Nice to have you here!

And welcome to Sarah, so glad you decided to join us. Some of what you wrote about yourself could be talking about me (geek, no-life...).

Thrilled you both could join us and hope to hear more from both of you soon.

Sharon
word count: 52
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sarah. Welcome.
For someone who hates talking about herself, you speak with scary articulacy and passion. I assume we won't see you baring your soul on our sofa, but you sound as though you could be a good friend to everyone here. We are delighted to have you with us.

Mr Thyne will be honoured to have you, and I am made up (as we say in my area of the UK) to have yet another Francophone to talk to. You know you are our 200th member? A very special and important moment! Félicitations.
word count: 96

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Welcome to the board, Sarah! Hope you like it here. :text-welcomewave: Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself.
Simone.
word count: 19
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Azeleen
Fan

Post by Azeleen »

skftex wrote:And welcome to Sarah, so glad you decided to join us. Some of what you wrote about yourself could be talking about me (geek, no-life...).
Thanks a lot. And glad to see I have some things in common with you, besides Mr Thyne's fandom =) . I'm impatient to see what else I may have in common with any of you :mrgreen:
As for the "geek" &/or "no-life" naming... being so means we spend that "geeking" time enjoying Mr Thyne's fandom, so it isn't as bad as many people may think, right? :P
ThyneAlone wrote:Sarah. Welcome.
For someone who hates talking about herself, you speak with scary articulacy and passion. I assume we won't see you baring your soul on our sofa, but you sound as though you could be a good friend to everyone here. We are delighted to have you with us.

Mr Thyne will be honoured to have you, and I am made up (as we say in my area of the UK) to have yet another Francophone to talk to. You know you are our 200th member? A very special and important moment! Félicitations.
Thanks for the welcoming part :dance: . I guess I hate to "talk" in the litteral term of the way; boards makes it somewhat easier, even though I often can't decide what to talk about lol. I'm not exactly the kind of person to say "I have that, that that and that quality" .. I prefer to let people make up their own mind about me, rather that trying to figure out for myself. Opinions about me may differ from one person to another, you know? =) .

Yeaaah, I'm not the only one to say "Mr Thyne" as often as I can.. (*wink to Sharon*) . Even though I believe the honour stays with me, his portrayals offer much more to me than I do to him, so... ;)
I didn't know I was the 200th.. Does that mean I get a cookie? :P
Somehow, I spend more time with English (or American, it depends xD) speaking people rather than French fans... Most of the time I know an expression in English and I can't even transcribe it in French, how weird is that, uh?
But I'm a tv geek, and since I like US shows the best, well... It kinda helps improve myself :lol: :lol:
TJ4ever wrote:Welcome to the board, Sarah! Hope you like it here. :text-welcomewave: Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself.
Simone.
Thanks a lot, Simone =) . I guess I could tell more, but for now nothing comes to mind.

I should get back up this thread and try and find out your own introductions lol.

Edit: I just discovered that thing and am trying it: anybody on Twitter? XD
word count: 466

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

A big belated welcome to Victor, Harry, Eli, Krissy, and Sarah!

I am so impressed with our international credentials--thanks for sharing with us your love of Bones and TJ from your respective parts of the world. It is truly a credit to TJ's amazing talent and personality that he appeals to so many people from so many places.
word count: 60
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

prissykrissy
Fan

Thanks

Post by prissykrissy »

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the gracious welcome. Also, if anyone would like to know more about me or my wacky grams, you can check out my blog at http://science-of-flight.blogspot.com

I am new to blogging/using my computer for anything other than email.
I would appreciate any suggestions or tips you may have for me in my quest to use advanced technology.
word count: 74
You land a million planes safely, then you have one little mid-air and you never hear the end of it .. Opening quotation in movie 'Pushing Tin,' 1999.

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home." - Anon

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Thanks

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Krissy, good to see you back and thank you for your equally gracious thanks! I'm sure people will be able to help you with the blogging, we have some really talented members here.

Looking forward to hearing more from you as your particular sphere of interest sounds completely fascinating. And so does your blog! I've just recently read the first 'Twilight', being a vampire devotee from way back, so it's useful to hear comments on it. You and I might just clash occasionally on the 'black-and-white world' though (Krissy has done a really interesting description of herself on this blog, I do recommend the read). My world is pretty much complicated shades of grey and empathy is one of my watchwords. But I have crazy relatives too, so I can certainly identify there!
word count: 139

pistaef93
Fan

Post by pistaef93 »

Hello,my name is Efstathia,I am 16 years old and I live in Greece.I adore TJ since watching "Bones" for the first time.I believe he is an amazing actor and he made me love his caracter most of all.
word count: 42

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Efstathia! Welcome to the boards! So glad you decided to join us and I hope we hear more from you.

Sharon
word count: 22
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

A big welcome to Sarah and Efstathia! So glad you found us here and decided to introduce yourselves! :D Please feel free to join in on the many conversations going on throughout this forum. We'd love to hear from you.

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 43
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh poo bother, two people got in before me again! Welcome Efstathia! What an absolutely beautiful name, does it have a meaning?

Hope you will enjoy yourself here, post prodigiously and make lots of friends. If there's anything you don't understand (quantum physics; meaning of life), we will all be happy to try and explain. Have a good time and congratulations on having such discriminating tastes!
word count: 68

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Steph, I cheat though, Efstathia told me she was going to join (TJ fan e-mails) so I had been looking for her. :D
word count: 23

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

*benign glance* I forgive you. ;)
word count: 5

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

A big welcome to Sarah and Efstathia. You sure will have a lot of fun here. :D
word count: 16

pistaef93
Fan

Post by pistaef93 »

Thank you all so much what a lovely forum you have here
ThyneAlone yeah my name means stable
word count: 18